The importance of eLearning for the Hospitality Industry
Due to the seasonal nature of the industry, hospitality employers regularly need to train new personnel - usually within a very limited time frame. eLearning can help hospitality employees perfect their customer service and communication skills, learn the proper procedures and etiquette for dealing with all kinds of job related situations, and get familiar with techniques for handling sensitive customer requirements and complaints. eLearning can also help supervisors, managers and support staff learn the required workforce management, quality assurance and logistics skills that they need in order to be efficient.
- It scales to hundreds of thousands of learners
- It caters to multiple departments, locations and facilities (e.g. multiple hotels belonging to the same chain), even supporting different countries, languages and time zones
- Employees can study at their own pace, without disrupting the daily servicing of customers
- It serves the same standardized material (e.g. operating procedures, menu items, customer care policy) to all learners
- It's able to respond quickly to new training demands
- It provides tools to help managers assess a training program's effectiveness
- It's cost effective and has a high return of investment
LMS features that respond to the Hospitality Industry's needs
- 1SCALE AND IMPLEMENTATIONHospitality businesses often maintain numerous facilities across many locations, cities, and even countries. With eLearning they can use a single, low cost LMS installation to train all of their employees.
- 2STANDARDIZED TRAININGHospitality industry customers demand standardized quality and services. eLearning lets you easily serve the same material to all of your facilities in a centrally managed way to ensure that everybody is on the same page.
- 3STRATEGIC FLEXIBILITYA learning management system frees hospitality employees from having to follow the rigid schedules of classroom-based courses, giving them the flexibility to study at their own pace. This flexibility is extremely liberating for learners while simultaneously minimizing costly business downtime.
- 4EFFORTLESS UPDATESIn a sector as quickly changing as the Hospitality industry, TalentLMS enables instructors to create new online training material effortlessly and to deploy new courses as fast as the need arises (e.g. to train travel agents on the latest travel packages).
Welcome a great eLearning platform in your business
If you're interested in an industry standard LMS solution for your Hospitality industry training needs, take our tour of TalentLMS' features ― or get your own free test-drive account set up in seconds.