Why the importance of eLearning for Retail can't be oversold
The Retail sector operates on a scale. A business often has tens or hundreds of thousands of employees to train, across many branches, cities, even countries.
Training needs in the Retail industry begin with basic employee onboarding, training for sales assistants, cashiers and storage room staff, specialized courses for retail managers, merchandisers and customer service assistants. eLearning can help retail businesses address all of these training needs and save money, time, and effort.
- It scales to hundreds of thousands of learners
- It caters to employees residing in different cities, countries and time zones
- It serves the same standardized material, like new product line descriptions to all learners
- It's able to respond quickly to new training demands
- It provides tools to help assess its own effectiveness
- It's cost effective and has a high return on investment
LMS features responding to Retail sector needs
- 1SCALE AND IMPLEMENTATIONScalable and cost-effective: retail businesses with multiple stores and facilities across many cities, states and even countries, can use a single, low cost LMS installation to train all of their employees.
- 2EFFORTLESS UPDATESeLearning enables managers and instructors to create new online training material effortlessly while deploying new training courses as fast as the need arises, e.g. to inform employees of the latest chain-wide policies they need to follow.
- 3STRATEGIC FLEXIBILITYA learning management system frees your employees from the rigid schedules of classroom-based courses and gives them the flexibility to study at their own pace and location. It’s a win-win situation, as it's extremely liberating for learners while minimizing business disruption and downtime.
- 4EASILY ENFORCE STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURESIn the Retail industry, you often need to serve the same material across all of your stores. With eLearning-based training, you provide all of your employees with access to the exact same centrally managed material.
Are you sold?
If you're interested in an industry standard LMS solution for your Retail training needs, take a tour of TalentLMS' features ― or get your own free account set up in seconds!
Train your people. Measure results. Drive growth.
TalentLMS gives you the tools to supercharge every step of your training.
TalentLMS is free to use for as long as you want. You can always upgrade to a paid plan to access even greater features.